Transqual recently conducted its annual industry development day with approximately 40 personnel from a variety of niche markets within the Transport & Logistic Industry, including national and local Transport and Logistics companies from Warehousing, Manufacturing, Mining, Agricultural, Tunnel Operations, and a variety of Transport companies including Bus, Dangerous Goods Driver, and General Freight.
The theme of the day was getting back to the basics of training, with all participant’s job roles having influence in the delivery of training or decision making/enforcement within their workplace. The topics throughout the day were:
Why do we train our people?
- Identifying factors which hinder these outcomes?
- Identifying solutions on how to overcome these challenges?
The agenda for the day was delivered by a variety of guest speakers, and included:
- Maximising internal training by mapping internal training to nationally recognised accredited outcomes
- Recognising Language Literacy Numeracy issues and creating / implementing suitable resources within your workplace
- Update on Vocation Education Training within the Transport & Logistics Industry
- National Heavy Vehicle Regulator (NHVR) updates in 2018, & introduction to the NHVR Chain of Responsibility Gap assessment
- How can internally delivered accredited training fit in my business?
- Are you accessing all available state funding and payroll tax incentives available to your business?
- Finding the right people for your business – Pathway Programs
- What financial incentives are available to assist in recruitment of new staff?
Feedback from the day was extremely positive, including the following testimonials:
- Broadspectrum – “Good variety of speakers and knowledge sharing”…
- Caltex – “Good information and relevant topics discussed”…
- Daracon – “Better understanding of Chain of Responsibility”…
- Dyson Coaches – “Snapshots of information from a variety of topics. Presenters had excellent knowledge”..
- EFM Logistics Services Group – “Very good”…
- EGIS – “Excellent’’…
- ELGAS – “Everything was good; room, food, and presenters”..
- ITAB – “Exceeded expectations. Each session was short enough to maintain peoples interest”..
- Puma Energy – “Good info on funding and tax concessions that will help get training approved”..
- Toll Express – “Very worthwhile. Funding and Chain of Responsibility are my two big takeaways”..
- Refueling Solutions – “Very good conference, very informative”..
- Roads Maritime Service – ”Exceptional, thoroughly engaging”…
- Sandvik – “I was here originally to find out about funding but was amazed at how much I got out of it”…
- Sydney Harbour Tunnel – “Conference was 10/10”..
- Tip Top – “It was run very well”…
- Transurban – “Overall excellent”’…